Well, it looks like there’s potentially been another Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass leak. Following the release of Wave 2, it seems dataminers have been able to decipher some of the tracks coming in future updates and match it up with the original leak. Here’s the rundown courtesy of Twitter users Fishguy6564:
Here’s our own breakdown (tracks listed above highlighted):
– Rock Cup: London Loop (Tour), Peach Gardens (DS), Boo Lake / Broken Pier (GBA), Alpine Pass (3DS)
– Moon Cup: Berlin Byways (Tour), Waluigi Stadium / Wario Colleseum (GCN), Merry Mountains (?), Rainbow Road (3DS)
– Fruit Cup: Amsterdam Drift (Tour), Wii, DS, ?
– Boomerang Cup: Singapore Speedway (Tour), GameCube, GBA, Los Angeles Laps (tour)
– Feather Cup: Tour, Wii, Sunset Wilds (GBA), Tour
– Cherry Cup: Bangkok Rush (Tour), GameCube, SNES, ?
– Acorn Cup: Vancouver Velocity (Tour), Maple Treeway (Wii), ?, ?
– Spiny Cup: Tour, GameCube, ?, Wii
Update: Dataminer OatmealDome has also explained what’s going on in a bit more detail:
Nintendo accidentally left many music preview files in the version 2.1.0 update, allowing us to identify multiple unreleased courses!
What is a “music preview file”? Because it may take some time to load a full music file from the ROM, a separate “prefetch” file is created of the first ~1 second which can be loaded into memory in advance. This prefetch is played while the full file is being loaded.
Unfortunately for Nintendo, while they deleted the full songs of unreleased courses from the ROM, they accidentally left some of the prefetch files. (They’re stored in a separate place.)
It’s possible to identify several courses just based on the first ~1s of their music!
So, there you go – these tracks could be coming in future waves if this datamine is accurate. Keep in mind though that there’s no official confirmation and everything is potentially subject to change between now and the release of these future waves.
How would you feel about the above tracks being featured in the Booster Course Pass? Tell us below.