Getting a cheap laptop can be tricky; if you’re on a seriously tight budget, a lot of the most affordable laptops you can find will be Chromebooks. We’re not knocking Chrome OS-powered machines, but many of us (rightfully!) prefer Windows. Enter the Lenovo IdeaPad 1i, reduced by $150 from $249.99 down to just $99.99 (opens in new tab) at Best Buy (if you’re in the UK we’ve got a deal for you too).
We’ve seen a ton of Black Friday deals so far, but this one is eye-catching. It’s certainly not a high-powered machine, with an Intel Celeron CPU and 4GB of RAM, but it’s ideal for anyone who just needs a laptop for simple tasks, like web browsing and word processing (and perhaps a cheeky bit of Netflix).
The IdeaPad 1i isn’t available with the same configuration and discount in the UK, but you can get the Lenovo IdeaPad 1 – which is essentially the same thing, as it matches the ‘i’ model with the same processor, memory, storage, and screen size. It’s down to just £139.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)reduced by £90 from £229.99.
Chromebooks are great, but Windows is a comfortingly familiar operating system for many users. It also supports a wider range of software and customization than Chrome OS, and packs a webcam for video calls too!
Today’s best Black Friday Lenovo IdeaPad 1i deals
One thing to bear in mind if you pick up either of these budget IdeaPad laptops is that they come with Windows preinstalled in ‘S mode’. If you don’t know what this means, don’t panic: we can explain.
‘S mode’ is short for ‘security mode’, and is essentially a locked version of Windows that only allows you to download software directly from the Microsoft Store. This won’t be an issue for many users, since the MS Store has improved massively in recent years when it comes to the software it offers.
If you do want to install different third-party software, there’s an easy fix: the MS Store features a page where you can permanently disable S mode, returning to the regular version of Windows 11 Home. So don’t let that pesky S stop you from grabbing this bargain!
Scroll down for more Black Friday deals in the US and UK.
More US Black Friday deals
- Amazon: 50% off TVs, AirPods, clothing & toys (opens in new tab)
- Apple AirPods Pro 2: down to $199 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Best Buy: up to $700 off TVs, laptops & iPads (opens in new tab)
- Cheap TVs: $79.99 smart TVs from Best Buy (opens in new tab)
- Christmas trees: prices starting at $38.99 (opens in new tab)
- Dell: laptops from $299.99 (opens in new tab)
- Dyson vacuums: $150 off cordless vacuums (opens in new tab)
- Gift ideas: 40% off holiday gifts from Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Home Depot: 50% off tools & appliances (opens in new tab)
- Lowe’s: $750 off appliances, decor & tools (opens in new tab)
- Macy’s: coats, sweaters & boots from $10 (opens in new tab)
- Overstock: 70% off decor and furniture (opens in new tab)
- Nectar: up to $500 off mattresses + free gifts (opens in new tab)
- Nordstrom: 50% off UGG, Nike & North Face (opens in new tab)
- Samsung: $2,500 off TVs & appliances (opens in new tab)
- Sephora: 50% off makeup, perfume & gifts (opens in new tab)
- Target: 45% off toys, TVs, Keurig & more (opens in new tab)
- Toys: 50% off best-selling toys at Walmart (opens in new tab)
- Retaliation: up to 50% off makeup, hair & perfume (opens in new tab)
- Verizon: get the iPhone 14 Pro for free (opens in new tab)
- Walmart: 60% off toys, TVs, vacuums & laptops (opens in new tab)
- Wayfair: up to 80% off sitewide, + free shipping (opens in new tab)